Christmas is a special time of year; filled with fun, festivities and family.
However, when it comes to Christmas gifts, it can be difficult knowing what to give to others.
To help out, A Hand to Help has come up with a clutter free gift guide.
Giving a gift that is clutter-free this Christmas is a gift that is not a burden, but rather a benefit. The recipient won’t have to face that ‘what am I going to do with this’ feeling once January arrives.
Here’s the list of our top clutter-free gift ideas:
They are the gifts of quality time and great for family and friends.
- A day at a river or beach, with boat or kayak hire
- A day out at the zoo
- A laser tag or paintball game
- A cooking lesson or barista workshop
- A trip to a museum or gallery
- Tickets to a concert, the ballet or to the theatre
Make change instead of landfill this Christmas; check out some of these charity gifts that keep on giving.
- The Oxfam ‘unwrapped’ program https://unwrapped.oxfam.org.au/: Buy a goat or clean water for someone in need. You know you want to!
- The Smith Family: Charity gifts for disadvantaged children www.thesmithfamily.com.au/shop/charity-gifts: Support Australian children from disadvantaged families with their education.
- The Unicef ‘Give a Gift’ program https://www.unicef.org.au/give-a-gift : Give the gift of vaccines for preventable diseases for some of the world’s most vulnerable children.
- Red Cross Gifts www.gifts.redcross.org.au/: Gift the gift of a hot healthy meal to someone sleeping rough or emergency supplies for Aussie families who’ve lost everything in a natural disaster.
- #BuyFromTheBush. www.instagram.com/buyfromthebush/?hl=en : #BuyFromTheBush is a fantastic initiative supporting local business’ in rural small towns doing it tough during drought. They have beautiful gifts; with something for everyone this Christmas.
Office Kris-Kringle Ideas:
It can be hard trying to find quality Kris-Kringle gift ideas for the work Christmas party. Here are our top 5:
- An indoor plant or a desk cactus.
- Café or restaurant vouchers for a free lunch, or a free coffee.
- A jar of ground speciality coffee or tea
- A bunch of flowers
- A box (or a roll) of ‘Who Gives A Crap’ toilet paper https://au.whogivesacrap.org/collections/all
Memberships or Subscription Gifts:
A gift that one would love, but not necessarily buy themselves. Even better… It’s clutter-free!
- Theatre or concert yearly subscription
- Gallery or Museum yearly subscription
- Magazine or newspaper subscription
- Spotify Subscription (or that of any other music streaming service)
- TV Streaming service yearly subscription (Netflix, Stan, Disney+ just to name a few)
Gifts don’t need to be a burden for the giver or recipient. A sustainable Christmas gift is a great option that will be used, valued and enjoyed. A gift for the coming new year, and not just for the season